dissabte, 18 de juny del 2011

Oracle database not working without internet connection

Some days ago I came across a problem with an Oracle XE database that was not working when laptod didn't have connection to the internet: any application trying to connect to XE was spitting errors about unkown SIDs and stuff like that..
It was installed in a recent Linux installation...

If you fall into the same problem, check out the Loopback configuration for that Linux installation. In my case, just had to add the following line to my /etc/networks file:


  loopback 127.0.0.1

That solved the problem.

Hope this helps!

1 comentari:

  1. Thank you very much. It worked for me! I'm using Ubuntu 9.10 and Oracle 10g.

    Hace casi un año usé Oracle 10g para un proyecto en la universidad, y también me intrigaba saber si era posible conectarse a la base de datos sin tener activa una conexión de red. Investigué un poco pero no lo logré, y como no era imprescindible pues no busqué más.
    Ahora he vuelto a trabajar con Oracle y necesitaba acceder a la base de datos sin conexión de red. Muchas gracias. Me funcionó tu solución.
    Un saludo, Jesús

    ResponElimina